Tuesday 14 April 2015

My loving bond for my dil ki deal





We were a family of four. My father, my mother and my grand mother and of course me, all lived together in our ancestral home. We had a great time together. All our relatives lived close by so it was always a big get together on festivals and special occasions like birthdays, engagements and marriages. We were leading a very contented and blissful life. Then all of a sudden my father was transferred to a bigger city. He was very reluctant to do so as my grandmother did not want to move from her home.As my father had been given a promotion along with this transfer my grandmother asked him to go and join the office in the city he had been transferred to. She was of the view that such promotions were hard to get so he must avail of this offer. On her insistence my father went and joined office in a completely new place. He insisted that his mother, my grandmother should also move with us. But she refused to come with us to the big city. She loved her small place and she knew everyone there. With a heavy heart we shifted without her. But we never left any opportunity of visiting her. She came to our new house sometimes but she never liked her stay because of the fast pace of the city. She never felt at home but for us she sacrificed her comfort. I loved my grandmother a lot. We had a special bonding between us. She was my guide, teacher and my best friend. We had a great age gap but we were inseparable. We lived in different cities but our hearts were always together. After passing out from school I did a summer job with the idea of going on a vacation. I worked hard day and night. I took two part time jobs to add to my funds. Soon I had collected enough to suffice for a holiday to a hill resort. To my greatest happiness on this route was my grand mom’s house. I was greatly excited at the prospect of going on my vacation and also funding my first independent journey. I planned my vacation in such a manner that I made a stopover at my grand mom’s place and she lovingly welcomed me. We talked for hours. We laughed and then my dearest grandmother cooked for me my favorite dishes. I loved the dishes she had made. She loved me and she enthusiastically prepared an elaborate menu for me. In those days her city was facing an acute gas cylinder shortage. Undeterred she used a traditional stove using wood and coal. This produced a lot of smoke. The fact that she was asthmatic made the situation even more difficult for her. I went out and returned back with an electric stove bought from my savings. Seeing her tears of joy was more precious than any vacation to a hill station could provide. I decided to spend my time with her. Her love and care are still embedded in my heart and are the most valuable part of my memories of the time I had spent with my grand mother. This was made possible because I had decided to travel without putting any burden on my parents by using my savings. Since then I have made savings a habit because you never know when it may help someone.

 “I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdeal activity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment