Tuesday 14 April 2015

Working for my dil ki deal



I was very excited when I completed my 12th.I was buzzing with excitement. I was going to start a new phase of my life. Soon I joined a college of my choice where I made new friends. We had a good time together. We went to do shopping and also went together to watch the movies especially all the new releases. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves eating burgers and popcorn. I thoroughly enjoyed my new found freedom. Many of my friends came from different cities to study. I belonged to a well off family, while my friends who came from not so good financial backgrounds struggled with everyday expenses. There was a gap of 3 months breaks after our first year of studies. I was busy planning my vacation to Dubai and Europe. I discussed my plans with my friends and when I asked them for their plans they told me that they will search for jobs so that they can become independent and take of their expenses like food and fees etc. Their plan of doing a job changed my vacation plans. I decided to skip going on my vacation and try for a job. It was not a necessity but I wanted to be a part of the plans made by my friends. Moreover it was very exciting. I told my parents about the change in my plan. They told me that I was a big boy now and I had the right to make plans. They ensured me that there is no pressure on me of any kind and I should take up a job only if I really desired. From the next day I started searching for a summer job. It was my first step towards an independent life. I selected my clothes carefully as I wanted to give myself a more serious and professional look. I enjoyed the whole process. After having applied at various places I got a job of my liking. It was a big MNC and they hired a bunch of boys for a new promotion. I learned a lot. I became more responsible. I got my first hand experience in public handling. My family also noticed the changes in me. I had become more responsible and mature in handling situations. I still remember when I got my first salary and I earned Rs 2500.It was my first earning and saving. I was on cloud 9.I gave a very serious thought of what to do with it. I imagined each and everything from buying my favorite shirt to splurging on my taste buds. Then I decided to throw a party for my friends and relatives. Everyone was very happy and brought me many gifts of clothes, perfumes, shoes, gadgets and wow it was a treat. I got much more than I could have bought for myself from my savings. Some of the gifts are still with me reminding me of my first salary. My parents were very proud of me. They hugged me and appreciated my decision. It was a new beginning for me.

 “I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdeal activity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment