Wednesday 8 July 2015

Reinventing my home with Reward me




I live in the city and in a small apartment. It is okay for me but when I visit my friends and see their spacious homes I invariably feel a pang of envy. I wish I could do something about the size of the flat. I was helpless as there was nothing I could do to increase the size. I could not afford a bigger flat and I decided to do my best to give a bigger look and feel to my flat.
 I looked around for ideas and help but I could not think of any thing concrete. Whenever my friends came over to my place for a chat or for a get together they always looked at my flat with critical eyes and complained of the cramped space and the small size of my flat. This caused me great distress and now I was determined to do something to change their view and attitude.
 I opened my laptop and as I began my search I came across a web site called Reward me. It has many articles on different topics and issues. I went to the link https://www.rewardme.in/home/home-decor
On clicking on this link I was taken to a page which was full of articles on home décor. I knew that I had come to the right place. Here an article interested me. https://www.rewardme.in/home/home-decor/article/5-decorating-ideas-for-small-spaces
I began to read the article in the hope that it will help me in giving that extra edge to my flat. It spoke of 5 Decorating Ideas for Small Spaces
It said that the coziest spaces in our home are also the smallest. But just because they lack in size, it doesn’t mean they have to lack in charm. I agree and this is exactly what I wanted to do, to give my flat a bigger look.
I was simply bowled over by the idea of the mirror make over. It mentions that the entryway is usually one of the smallest spaces in a home. Adding a mirror or making over an existing mirror is one of the easiest decorating updates you can do, plus it helps the space feel bigger. I did this and no doubt it indeed gave a bigger feel.
I displayed all of the photos on a gallery wall giving it a classy look and removing the clutter from the table.
I liked the idea of using floating shelves in the bathroom giving me more space. I finally added a touch of greenery. I created a dish garden by planting collections of indoor plants in small teacups or vintage dishes and displayed them in the small nooks of my home. All these changes brought in a lot of appreciating looks and praises and my efforts were rewarded.
 https://www.rewardme.in/home/home-decor/
 “I am participating in the ‘Ready For Rewards’ activity for Rewardme in association with BlogAdda.”

No comments:

Post a Comment